Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Por Fin Nuestra Casa

So I'm sitting here on my duff, watching last night's Colbert Report. He brings up PFNC Global Communities (www.pfnc.net) and how they are enabling people to own their own homes. Well, sure...if you want to pay $8000 for 320 SQUARE FEET. Then you too can finally have a home of your own.

It states you can can sleep 2-6 people in one of these. I wouldn't want to sleep anymore than 3-4 people in my 890 square foot apartment! There is a wee kitchen, with the dining area stuffed in there, a shower and toilet (I think). I hate this idea. It seems inhumane to stuff a bunch of people into a shipping container. Yes, a shipping container. Yes, this is better than cardboard or the dump. But why not be wonderful and build homes, actual homes for people? Why should we stuff them all in boxes? Granted most studio apartments come out to be boxes, but they are homes. For people. Not boxes.

No comments: